Redesigning the website

I redesigned my website (yak shaving for the nth time) to consolidate my blogs1 that were placed on various hosting services.
The last application was written in Go that parses Markdown files and returns HTML, but I didn't think it was necessary to store contents in separated markdown files, so I decided to use DB instead.
The hosting service is still DegitalOcean.

At first, I tried to rewrite it in Rust, using Actix and so on, but I ended up with Python and Django.
It only took me a couple of hours to read the documentation and have it working reasonably well in my hands, and I felt the maturity of the frameworks.
In particular, the built-in admin panel is handy and helps me set up the site quickly.

I've wanted to share the photos I've taken as a hobby for a long time, and I'm glad to share that on this page finally.
https://new.yayoc.com/photo/

On the other hand, the migration of the website is not completely finished
- [ ] The parser I'm currently using doesn't support some syntax highlighting in past articles.
- [ ] Broken links for images
- [ ] OGP settings
- [ ] Settings for analytics
- [ ] Sunset of the existing site

I want to fix them sometime soon.


  1. Medium,weblog.yayoc.com,blog.yayoc.com